Wednesday, March 4, 2015

My Psychopath Boss


I'm not going to beat around the bush. My boss is a complete psychopath. Why I stay at my job is still a mystery to me. There are some days that I just want to silently pack up my things and without a word or even a letter of resignation, walk out the door and never look back. Other days I day dream of telling her exactly where to shove it, garb my things and storm out. Some days I even wonder what would happen if I were to send a complaint to the labor commission, or even to the IRS. I honestly think I would stick around just to see the look on her face for that one.

I'm the type of personality who keeps everything inside. I'm a people pleaser and a pushover, but people pleasers/pushovers have their limits and mine have finally been reached, For example, last night I was in the emergency room for a slip disc in my lower back. I call in this morning.

"Hey, I'm not coming in today. I'm heavily medicated and I can't move without sharp pains going down my legs and up my back."

Her response "What?! I need you to work from home than. I have clients calling left and right, You can't miss a day of work!"

What? Who does that to their employee. Honestly? Who makes them work from home when they can barely move, because of excruciating pain radiating from their spine.

Being the pushover that I am I said. "Uh, sure what do you need me to do."

I could tell you so many other stories about this women. Some that would make you laugh, gasp, and even ask why she hasn't been thrown in jail yet. In order for me to keep my sanity until I can finally put in my two weeks notice in this is where I will share my story, and I hope none of you have to put up with the things I do on a daily bases.

No comments:

Post a Comment